In this tutorial, I will add an internal task flow to Web Center Portal. For demo, i will use the login task flow of the Web Center Portal.
In this small tutorial we just start up the Web Center Portal and Navigate around.
Prerequisite: Installation should be complete
- Navigate to Oracle Middleware Home(in my case C:/Oracle/mw10.3.6)
- Navigate to the Application Domain(C:Oraclemw10.3.6user_projectsdomainsportal_domain)
- Execute startWeblogic.cmd(or .sh in case of linux)
- Once the Server comes to running state, navigate to bin folder in the same folder and execute the following command
startManagedWeblogic.cmd WC_Spaces http://localhost:7001
- The script would ask you about the username and password of the weblogic user.
- Once in running state, open browser and enter the following URL:
I got below error while starting Oracle WebCenter Portal server with on Oracle XE 10g database.
MDS-01370: MetadataStore configuration for metadata-store-usage “OWSM_TargetRepos” is invalid.
ORA-04063: package body “DEV_MDS.MDS_INTERNAL_SHREDDED” has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: “DEV_MDS.MDS_INTERNAL_SHREDDED”
When this error happen WebCenter Portal Managed Server is not started.
Please follow below steps to resolve the issue.
- Stop server
- Drop the all related database schemas using RCU.
- Connect to XE database using sqlplus command through command prompt.
- Connect sys as SYSDBA and provide a password for SYS user
alter system set sga_target=350M scope=spfile;
alter system set sga_max_size=350M scope=spfile;
- set RCU_JDBC_TRIM_BLOCKS=TRUE environment variable and run RCU to create schemas again.
- Verify if RCU_JDBC_TRIM_BLOCKS set properly.
set RCU_JDBC_TRIM_BLOCKS=TRUE Echo % RCU_JDBC_TRIM_BLOCKS % — this has to return TRUE
Now run rcu.bat in same command prompt window and create required schemas.
Note : This issue will happen only on XE 10g database.
Installing Oracle Web Center Portal has the following steps:
- Download and Install:
- Weblogic Server 10.3.6 <!! 12c would not work, Only 11g Release 2 !!>
- Web Center Portal
Follow the complete steps or follow the wizard as shown:
*Please Note: Weblogic option will not be available if the Server version mentioned in the previous step is not 10.3.6. 12c will not work
- Database XE(Optional. install only if you dont have database already installed)
- Configure Domain Config: