I am looking to do simultaneous translation of a conference we are hosting. I would prefer to have the mixing for this project on computer; ideally Ubuntu, as that is what I am the most familiar with. Basically, the software must be able to:
- Input from one audio card (wired to speaker’s mic)
- Record from that input
- Output that input to an output on the same card (earphones for me)*
- Input from a second audio card (microphone for me)
- Output to the second audio card (to a mixer attached to the earphones of those who are having the simultaneous translation done)
What are my options? Is there such a program on Ubuntu?
* This would be optional, since I could split the signal to 1. the computer for recording and 2. my earphones