I want to know if there are some best practices to use Magento 2 as a headless E-commerce solution.
A typical E-commerce in 2017 is to have an omni-channel solution which includes
- Tier system integration (ERP, …)
I want to know how involve Magento 2 API with this kind of solution.
- Use a different frontend framework (such as angular) for
desktop/mobile webapp and mobile app
- Only use Magento 2 API in order to retrieve or interact with
Only use CMS API in order to retrieve CMS data.
Pro: Only API’s, omnichannel
Cons: Limitation for performance/features/formatting
Some questions for this approach :
- Who is responsible for formatting data, for example prices. Magento API
and frontend framework?
- Who is responsible for resizing product images and cache them? Because in the native Magento 2 API there is no resize or cache system.
- Do I need to create new custom isolated API or extend native for
future upgrade purpose?
- Do you recommend to use an extra layer in order to combine CMS and
I appreciate you to share your return in experience.
Moreover, I found this approach: http://fbrnc.net/blog/2015/10/super-scaling-magento