I have my app on a VPS(Ubuntu Server 18.04), and the host can do weekly backups of all the system.
But this is not enough, so I want to do my own backups(besides I had hosts backup files failing in the past), but not all the system.
- I need to do incremental backups of multiple locations.
- The incremental backups to be in a folder/director structure(all multiple locations in the same date folder, but remain incremental):
- Automate the process, to be done daily
- Maintain a local backup of the folder/files structure
- Update to a cloud (DropBox, Box), but before updating archive the backups with passwords
I read about rsync and chron, but it I don’t know:
- how to do the increment using folders
- archive/update to cloud
- automate all process using bash