I am setting up a database migration between a 2-node master cluster running MySQL Cluster 7.2 (MySQL 5.5) and a 2-node slave cluster (plus arbitrator) running MariaDB 10.3 with Galera clustering. I currently have all but one of the Galera cluster’s nodes turned off to simplify the choreography.
Configuration appears correct, and everything in
SHOW ALL SLAVES STATUS G appears to indicate successful replication.
Exec_Master_Log_Pos match each other and what the master server reports, no errors are logged, etc. Indeed, adding a database to the master node we’re replicating from will create a database in the slave node. However, none of the data rows are being replicated.
The only oddity in mariadb.err is as follows:
2019-04-11 18:31:19 101 [Warning] Master '[redacted]': Slave I/O: Notifying master by SET @master_binlog_checksum= @@global.binlog_checksum failed with error: Unknown system variable 'binlog_checksum', Internal MariaDB error code: 1193
Master Replication Config:
server-id=13 binlog-format = row log-bin=mysql-bin sync_binlog = 1
Slave Replication Config:
server-id = 1 log_bin = /var/log/mysql/mariadb-bin log_bin_index = /var/log/mysql/mariadb-bin.index expire_logs_days = 10 max_binlog_size = 100M relay_log = /var/log/mysql/relay-bin relay_log_index = /var/log/mysql/relay-bin.index relay_log_info_file = /var/log/mysql/relay-bin.info slave_sql_verify_checksum = 0 log_slave_updates read_only binlog_format=row
SHOW MASTER STATUS;
File: mysql-bin.000049 Position: 4494988 Binlog_Do_DB: '' Binlog_Ignore_DB: ''
SHOW ALL SLAVES STATUS G
*************************** 1. row *************************** Connection_name: [redacted]13 Slave_SQL_State: Slave has read all relay log; waiting for the slave I/O thread to update it Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event Master_Host: [redacted] Master_User: replicant Master_Port: 3306 Connect_Retry: 60 Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000049 Read_Master_Log_Pos: 4494988 Relay_Log_File: relay-bin-[redacted].000002 Relay_Log_Pos: 2982721 Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000049 Slave_IO_Running: Yes Slave_SQL_Running: Yes Replicate_Do_DB: Replicate_Ignore_DB: Replicate_Do_Table: Replicate_Ignore_Table: Replicate_Wild_Do_Table: Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table: Last_Errno: 0 Last_Error: Skip_Counter: 0 Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 4494988 Relay_Log_Space: 2983028 Until_Condition: None Until_Log_File: Until_Log_Pos: 0 Master_SSL_Allowed: No Master_SSL_CA_File: Master_SSL_CA_Path: Master_SSL_Cert: Master_SSL_Cipher: Master_SSL_Key: Seconds_Behind_Master: 0 Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert: No Last_IO_Errno: 0 Last_IO_Error: Last_SQL_Errno: 0 Last_SQL_Error: Replicate_Ignore_Server_Ids: Master_Server_Id: 13 Master_SSL_Crl: Master_SSL_Crlpath: Using_Gtid: No Gtid_IO_Pos: Replicate_Do_Domain_Ids: Replicate_Ignore_Domain_Ids: Parallel_Mode: conservative SQL_Delay: 0 SQL_Remaining_Delay: NULL Slave_SQL_Running_State: Slave has read all relay log; waiting for the slave I/O thread to update it Slave_DDL_Groups: 0 Slave_Non_Transactional_Groups: 0 Slave_Transactional_Groups: 0 Retried_transactions: 0 Max_relay_log_size: 104857600 Executed_log_entries: 28995 Slave_received_heartbeats: 57 Slave_heartbeat_period: 30.000 Gtid_Slave_Pos: 1 row in set (0.000 sec)
Initiating the replication
On master, I execute the following:
mysqldump -S /data/mysql/mysql.sock -u [redacted] -p --opt --skip-lock-tables --single-transaction --flush-logs --master-data=2 --databases [redacted] > replication.sql
I then copy the sql to the slave server, and pipe it into the Galera node. This brings the slave up-to-date with the point of the dump.
I then run the following on the slave server:
head -n100 replication.sql | grep "MASTER_LOG_POS"
to get the correct starting file and position for replication, then run the following in SQL:
CHANGE MASTER '[redacted]' TO MASTER_HOST='[redacted]', MASTER_USER='replicant', MASTER_PASSWORD='[redacted]', MASTER_LOG_FILE='[file]', MASTER_LOG_POS=[position];
I’ve already reviewed dozens of posts on this site and others over the past few days, and haven’t found a solution yet. Here are some examples to demonstrate diligence:
MySQL replication not working – no errors – I turned off all filtering to ensure this wasn’t the problem.
mysql replication fail (no error) – We’re using row-based bin-logging
MySQL master-slave replication not updating – No real solutions here. I confirmed that all the positive indicators listed by the first answer are true for me as well.
MySQL says replication is fine but data is not copied – Not using filtering, server IDs are different, etc.