I am looking for offline geocoder that would
- locate country where specific point is located
- be usable in a Ruby script
- work offline (required due to a high number of points)
- is using OpenStreetMap data or other on a compatible license
- accurate, objects hundreds meters from country border should be also correctly located
I am fine with some setup. Limited performance is also OK, number of processed entries is not massive and I am fine with script running for week or two.
Note that I am fully aware about number of geocoding APIs, I am currently using one but I need something that works offline.