All other devices on my Lubuntu 20.04LTS system hotplug fine, with a message asking if I want to open the device in my file manager. However, as of yesterday, I have lost this when I plug in my Android Samsung GS6 phones. Normally, I’m prompted to "Allow" the connection (on the phone) then if I select "Yes" it will open the file manager prompt. Now, all that happens (on two phones) is that the "charging" indicator comes on.
I have tried the following things and identified that this is an issue with the Lubuntu 20.04LTS system:
- Tried phone 1 with different cable (no dice).
- Tried phone 2 with same cable (no dice).
- Tried phone 2 with different cable (no dice).
- Plugged in USB flash drive (works fine).
- Plugged phones into Lubuntu 20.04LTS laptop (works fine).
- Turned off system (as opposed to reboot) and restarted (no dice).
- Tried dialing *#0808# and selecting (then reselecting) MTP – ADB
- Ran "lsusb" and can see the phone is recognized: "Bus 001 Device 017: ID 04e8:6860 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Galaxy series, misc. (MTP mode)"
- Here is the appropriate "dmesg" output:
[45269.216369] usb 1-11: new high-speed USB device number 18 using xhci_hcd [45269.366168] usb 1-11: New USB device found, idVendor=04e8, idProduct=6860, bcdDevice= 4.00 [45269.366173] usb 1-11: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [45269.366177] usb 1-11: Product: SAMSUNG_Android [45269.366180] usb 1-11: Manufacturer: SAMSUNG [45269.366182] usb 1-11: SerialNumber: 04157df4a262a410
I have a feeling that either a recent update (the system has been updating frequently) OR my own fiddling while trying to get a USB connection to a DSLR. (Installed v4l2loopback, gphoto2, etc.) I would greatly appreciate any help in getting this working again.