I’m attempting to add the keys for RVM, however, I am getting an error from gpg2.
$ gpg2 --recv-keys 409B6B1796C275462A1703113804BB82D39DC0E3 7D2BAF1CF37B13E2069D6956105BD0E739499BDB gpg: keyserver receive failed: Try again later
I’ve also tried a more verbose approach but I get the same error:
$ gpg2 -vvv --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 409B6B1796C275462A1703113804BB82D39DC0E3 7D2BAF1CF37B13E2069D6956105BD0E739499BDB gpg: using character set 'utf-8' gpg: keyserver receive failed: Try again later
Right now the only Google search for the exact error message I’m getting is from the Arch Linux support boards. Here’s the thread. It’s a little terse and I’m not quiet able to follow it, but the symlink mentioned at the end of the settings is in place.
/etc/resolv.conf shows this
nameserver 127.0.0.53 options edns0
resolvectl query keys.gnupg.net
keys.gnupg.net: 220.127.116.11 -- link: enp37s0 (hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net) -- Information acquired via protocol DNS in 478.3ms. -- Data is authenticated: no
resolvectl status says that my current DNS server is my router (Orbi model) 192.168.1.1. This is strange because when I load the Orbi app it says that the DNS servers are what I set them to which is 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 (unless Orbi proxies to them).
I’ve also tried some related Google searches and set my /root/.gnupg/dirmngr.conf and ~/.gnupg/dirmngr.conf (not sure if that one is required, but I thought it was worth a try) files to contain a one-line file that says standard-resolver and then
killall dirmngr. This did not seem to fix the problem.