I am using OnePlus 3T with 4G. Internet works fine on the phone but when I connect a laptop or other phone to the phone using Wifi hotspot internet doesn’t work at all. It used to work fine earlier.
I have tried the following:
- Change the name, password and AP Bands between 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz in the hotspot settings.
- Deleted the saved info from connected devices and re-enter.
- Contacted my TSP. According to them its outside their scope. Later tried with a different network service provider but still didn’t work. So issue is definitely with the phone.
- Bluetooth Tethering works.
- From the other phone, Wifi hotspot works fine on the laptop. the other phone is an iPhone if it’s relevant.
- Wifi on the phone works fine.
I can’t think of any other way to troubleshoot. I don’t want to format or factory reset my phone. What’s the solution here?
Additional info: Android Version 9, OxygenOS version 9.0.6