DEAP is a novel evolutionary computation framework for rapid prototyping and testing of ideas. It seeks to make algorithms explicit and data structures transparent. It works in perfect harmony with parallelization mechanism such as multiprocessing and SCOOP.
DEAP includes the following features:
- Genetic algorithm using any imaginable representation
- List, Array, Set, Dictionary, Tree, Numpy Array, etc.
- Genetic programing using prefix trees
- Loosely typed, Strongly typed
- Automatically defined functions
- Evolution strategies (including CMA-ES)
- Multi-objective optimisation (NSGA-II, SPEA2, MO-CMA-ES)
- Co-evolution (cooperative and competitive) of multiple populations
- Parallelization of the evaluations (and more)
- Hall of Fame of the best individuals that lived in the population
- Checkpoints that take snapshots of a system regularly
- Benchmarks module containing most common test functions
- Genealogy of an evolution (that is compatible with NetworkX)
- Examples of alternative algorithms : Particle Swarm Optimization, Differential Evolution, Estimation of Distribution Algorithm
See the DEAP User’s Guide for DEAP documentation.
We encourage you to use easy_install or pip to install DEAP on your system. Other installation procedure like apt-get, yum, etc. usually provide an outdated version.
pip install deap
The latest version can be installed with
pip install git+https://github.com/DEAP/deap@master
If you wish to build from sources, download or clone the repository and type
python setup.py install